10-Minute Nutella Oatmeal
ADVERTISEMENT Advertise with us
Oatmeal is great for a breakfast or suhur that is healthy and keeps you full for longer. This recipe is fast and easy.
About this recipe
- It only takes 10 minutes to make.
- Any chocolate-hazelnut spread can be used
- If using hazelnuts, chop them and toast in the microwave in 30 to 15 second intervals
- For a richer oatmeal, add a pat of butter
Total Time: 10 min
Prep: 1 min
Cook: 9 min
Yield: 2 servings
1 cup rolled oats (old fashioned)
1 cup milk
1 cup water
Scant 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Nutella, divided
2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
1 teaspoon butter (optional)
1. In a medium pot, bring the oats, milk, and water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and let the mixture simmer until the mixture thickens and a rubber spatula clears a path when scrapped along the bottom of the pan, about 5 minutes.
2. Once the mixture is thickened, remove the pot from the heat and add the salt and 3 tablespoons of Nutella. Cover and let rest for 2 minutes. If using hazelnuts, toast them on a small plate or in a bowl in the microwave in 30 to 15 second intervals until sizzling and lightly browned.
3. Transfer the rested oatmeal to bowls. Add the butter if using and stir to combine. Top with the remaining tablespoon of Nutella, nuts if using, and serve immediately.